Pages

Sunday 15 February 2015

Lovely Friends!

You know that feeling when you've been out doing things all day and you get home super tired?  You know you ought to eat something, but the idea of actually cooking seems like the equivalent to getting up and running a marathon!

I felt like that the other night; finally rounding my day off with an hours walk home as I'd missed my bus.  By the time I got into the house my fingers were frozen and I was soaked through! I dragged myself inch by inch to the kitchen, consoling myself with the thought of toast and Marmite and I found this waiting for me...


My housemates lovely girlfriend had cooked a yummy vegetarian risotto and left me a huge bowl of it!  All I had to do was stick it in the microwave to warm up and hey presto (or other magic words to that effect) and I had a delicious, nourishing hot meal.  It brightened the end of my day and although I was still soaked through, I had a definite warm glow thanks to her kindness!  I drew her this cat to say thank you!


2 comments:

  1. Definitely would like to try a vegetarian risotto! Lovely post:)
    blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! Random acts of kindness are the best! I'll have to convince my friend to start a recipe blog - she does lots of yummy things!

    ReplyDelete