Pages

Monday 23 February 2015

Homemade Valentine's Card - How to Make a Stencil Card


I decided to make a card with a difference this valentine's day.  I make one every year for Paul and I've done all sorts of cute collages and quirky drawings in the past.  So I tried to come up with something else this year and went for a Spring scene using natural stencils.  Here's how you can make one too!


Paint your card with the colour that you want to show through as the scenery.


Choose some plants and leaves to make the scenery stencils with, you can choose something from your garden or a nearby park.  Attach them to the card using blu tack as that way they'll stay on when you spray.


I used a gold spray paint as I like the colour and it symbolises luxury!  I found a butterfly (which died of natural causes) and used that in the scenery too.

 Once you take the plants, or whatever you chose, off the card the base colour will show through.  The objects come away really easily as well as the blu tack peels off so quickly.

I glued some dried, pressed flowers to mine in the end as well as I liked the added touch of collage colour.

Let me know what designs you come up with?



No comments:

Post a Comment