Pages

Tuesday 3 February 2015

A look back at: January

Snow, snow, snow!  What more needs to be said about how awesome January has been?  We've had snow several times here and it's been so beautiful, big soft snowflakes like the kind you draw when you're a kid.  They even settled and turned our world into a Winter wonderland for a few days.  It was even more exciting as it meant I got to test run the new RAINBOW wellies!  Big thanks for my sister for once again scoring a big win!  It meant we can now go on proper walks across the flooded fields to see the swans, now the iced over puddles are childs play!


I've learnt a few things this January too, both practical and inspirational.  Best of all I learnt to forge!  Paul (my other half and sometimes better half!) is a blacksmith and he encouraged me to have a go at bashing metal things with big hammers.  How could a girl say no?  It was a lot of fun although really smoky when getting the fire going to heat the metal, but I loved seeing the steel shape up as I bashed with hammers larger than my arms!  We also had a go at melting copper, which was both exciting and terrifying as it was so hot - 900 degrees, that's one hell of a tan if you get too close!


So over all January has been a pretty diverse and fun month, with lots of new avenues for commissions with some new skills!  I really hope February sees me being less flu filled so I can get back out there with my new camera and do some serious exploring!  Roll on the new adventures!

No comments:

Post a Comment